[opencms-dev] OpenCms 8.0.4 Modules v8

Alberto Gallardo argrico at gmail.com
Wed May 9 18:15:07 CEST 2012

Hello Harald,

I have taken a look at the Infonova's bp-cms-commons project in
sourceforge and managed to get my first "hello world" opencms module built
with Maven. Thanks a lot for your work!

Now I'm planning to migrate a few old opencms modules built with ant to
maven-projects, and I would like to be sure that this is a sensible step.
But I have some concerns about the stability/maintenance/support for this
sourceforge project and the corresponding maven modules.

The sourceforge project should not be a problem, as anyone can contribute.
But regarding the Maven Central Repo, as you state you have developed the
artifacts there, though the "developers" section from the poms (e.g. the
pom for opencms-core) only includes Alexander Kandzior from Alkacon... Are
there any official plans from Alkacon about supporting or taking ownership
of this maven groupId repository? Or are there any official plans from
Infonova in this direction?

Thanks and regards,

Alberto Gallardo

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 16:59:22 +0200, Harald Brabenetz wrote:

> I deployed the OpenCms Artifacts to the Maven Central Repo e.g.:
> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/opencms/opencms-core/8.0.4/
> Also the Modules e.g.:
> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/opencms/modules/
org.opencms.welcome/8.0.4/

> An example how to build a OpenCms Module with Maven, can be found on
> Sourceforge:
> http://bp-cms-commons.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/bp-cms-commons/
opencms_commons/modules/