[opencms-dev] Newbie

Andy Nguyen nyugena at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 05:49:13 CEST 2012

Hello All,
I am a newbie to OpenCms.  I
downloaded version 8.0.3 and was able to installed it successfully.  I ran
the demo(s) and it run perfectly.

I just have one question.  Does
anyone know if there is a step-by-step document out there that shows you how to
create a brand new site from start to finish?  Not so much of the coding
part, but rather the process part of it.

I have gone thru the "OpenCms 8
Template Creation Beginners.pdf" and "OpenCms 8 User Manual.pdf"
documents, which I downloaded from the OpenCms official site.

Although the documents said that it for beginners, especially the Template
Creation one, but in my opinion, it is not.  I was able
to follow it all the way to the section "5.3 Sitemap configuration".  Then I got lost after that.