[opencms-dev] Start with folder settings doesn't work

Mathias Lin mail at mathiaslin.com
Mon Jun 25 12:53:41 CEST 2012

As of 8.0.3 and 8.0.4, this bug still exists, as far as I can tell. I
also set a starting folder, but after login, always end up in the root
folder of the site.
(I haven't looked into the ocms code, just from my observation in two
different OpenCms installations).

- Mathias

Zdenek Mach zdenek.mach at qbizm.cz
Wed Aug 24 14:45:15 CEST 2011

in subfolder

________________________________

So, I have looked into the source code and from my point of view it is a bug
- in class org.opencms.workplace.CmsWorkplace, method initWorkplaceSettings.

There is a check of existence of folder "Start with folder". But this check
is always performed using "currentSite", because of finally block on line
544: cms.getRequestContext().setSiteRoot(currentSite);

The check should be performed using "Start with site", which is read on line
516: String siteRoot = settings.getUserSettings().getStartSite();

As I see this bug is also in 7.5.x versions. The new version 8 has different
implementation of this check where it should be ok.

Best regards,

Zdenek Mach