[opencms-dev] Custom Module and Detail Page

Markus Fischböck m.fischboeck at abidat.de
Thu Jul 12 17:07:04 CEST 2012

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if there are any specifications or tutorials to get a
details page to work with my custom module.

>From what i've gathered from various tutorials and the wiki was the
following:

- Create a own module as well as the module_config (.config) file and
adjust the all Resourcetype values accordingly to my requirements
(Typename, Name within the .content directory, Pattern)

- Create a config folder within the module and the related
"content.sitemap.config" file. I've supplied (type name, folder, pattern
and formatter settings)

- Create a details page using the sitemap editor for the related
resourcetype.

Further i've created a configurable list (from the provided opencms
module) and configured it to show a listing of the designated resources.
Problem is that the links are not interchanged to the details page, but
still point to the /.content/<resourcetype>/xy_00001.html files.

Another question would be if it is possible to have a certain resource
type spread to multiple folders within the /.content/ hierarchy. This
would be required to create collectors showing different articles, but
using the same details page.
Example:

ResourceType: CustomNews
should be stored in /.content/news
as well as in /.content/archive

It would work to have 2 different configurable lists showing those
contents, but I'm not able to map it to the same details page.
Any help appreciated!

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Markus Fischboeck