[opencms-dev] Custom Module and Detail Page

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Thu Jul 12 17:46:26 CEST 2012

Markus

Regaring your 2nd question:

- It is possible to have a certain resource type spread to multiple folders
within the /.content/ hierarchy? This would be required to create collectors
showing different articles, but using the same details page.

There are 2 options:

1. You create a subsite. The subsite will then have its own detail page and
content folder. So you have 2 detail pages for the same content, one in each
subsite. This would be a preferred solution to distinguish e.g. between news
issues by different departments. I this scenario you could also set
different read/write access to the different news folders.

2. You leave all resources in the same folder, but use a category to
distinguish different types of e.g. news. There are ready made collectors
for this which collect all news only of category A or B. There is also a
category selection widget which you should use in you news XSD, so that the
content manager can easily define the category of the news.

I recommend option 2 if you don't need the different read/write access.

Kind Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior