[opencms-dev] adding fields to display with CmsCalendarDisplay

Marko Riedel markoriedelde at yahoo.de
Tue Jul 17 16:21:43 CEST 2012

Greetings to all.

I am working in an environment where I have a programmer's account at an OpenCMS installation, but I cannot modify the installation myself e.g. by adding classes from a JAR, that kind of thing is done by someone else.

I need to add some fields to the Alkacon Calendar. I have modified the day entry XSD and the new fields work. Now I would like to modify buildOverviewDayEntry from CmsCalendarDisplay to display the new fields. I think I can handle the coding part. My question for you is, what is the build procedure? I need to describe it to my collaborator. Do I need to restart OpenCMS after I have made changes? What is the path where I need to deploy the Java class or jar? Is the source code for CmsCalendarDisplay already part of our installation (8.0.4)? If yes, where do I find it?

Thank you very much for your advice.

Best regards,

Marko Riedel