[opencms-dev] DisplayWidget - help message

Alberto Gallardo argrico at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 17:32:51 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the DisplayWidget to render one field that is yet not
editable. As I could find (http://www.opencms-wiki.org/wiki/DisplayWidget),
the widget looks for a "....disabled" key to find the help text to render.
But in my box it escapes the text, that is, the white spaces are
transformed into %20s, and the text is not readable any more.

I have also found in the code, that when not using the "new style", OpenCms
escapes the produced html (
https://github.com/alkacon/opencms-core/blob/master/src/org/opencms/widgets/CmsDisplayWidget.java#L126
).

My questions:
- How could this "new style" be activated?
- Is using this "disabled" postfix the way to add help text to the
workspace editor?

Regards,

Alberto Gallardo