[opencms-dev] ADE context menu problem

Ludwig Hunecke ludwig.hunecke at hushmail.com
Fri Aug 24 16:06:53 CEST 2012

Dear list,

I have got a problem with the ADE context menu.

In some sites the option "Create Sub-Page" doesn't appear in the Sitemap
Editor's context menu.

I suppose the method onShow in CmsNewMenuEntry is responsible for the
appearance of the context menu entry, i.e.:

public void onShow(CmsHoverbarShowEvent event) {

        String sitePath = getHoverbar().getSitePath();

        CmsSitemapController controller = getHoverbar().getController();

       CmsClientSitemapEntry entry = controller.getEntry(sitePath);

        boolean show = (controller.getData().getDefaultNewElementInfo() !=
null)

            && CmsSitemapView.getInstance().isNavigationMode()

            && (entry != null)

            && entry.isInNavigation()

            && entry.isFolderType()

            && !entry.hasForeignFolderLock();

        setVisible(show);

    }

Unfortunately this doesn't help me to exactly figure out, which condition is
responsible for the menu to not-appear.

Has anybody experiences with that or has an idea what might be wrong?

Does anybody know what conditions have to be met so that "isNavigationMode"
returns true?

Btw.: Has anybody ever tried to debug this GWT stuff?

1000 Thanks!

Ludwig