[opencms-dev] Update OpenCms 7.0.5 --> 8.5.0: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: CmsSearchIndex

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Wed Oct 10 12:13:02 CEST 2012

Hi list,
I updated my (customized) OpenCms 7.0.5 installation to 8.5.0 with the upgrade wizard.
The upgrade process ended successfully.

Now when I request a page (XML Content) which is based on my own template, I am getting a NoClassDefFoundError:

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/opencms/search/CmsSearchIndex.

I wonder, if anybody else experienced this problem and found a solution for it.

I know, that the Class CmsSearchIndex no longer exists (obviously). But I don't know how I can fix the problem.

Thanks in advance.
Regards

Kai