[opencms-dev] multilanguage with siblings

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Wed Oct 17 09:16:44 CEST 2012

It does not copy from one locale to another when creating siblings -
if it did it would just mean that you have english text in the german
part of the documents. To translate it you will have edit the pages.
But, if you want to have pages in the german site to show up in
english as default if there is no german translation then set the
locale-available property to "de,en" - then it will pick up the
english part if the german part is missing

Brs
Claus

2012/10/12 kaybe <kris.brys at redtree.be>:

> When I create a sibling form a 'en' language folder with locale property set
> at 'en' and I create a sibling copy to a folder with 'de' locale property,
> the page has a german sibling. The language switcher that i implemented
> works but the sibling page is empty, no textbloxk, header and footer are
> copied in the german container page.
> The controlcode of both language versions only contains <page language='en'>
> versions.
> Isn't it supposed to add a german version of the same vfs file in the
> controlcode?
> When I do that manually (<page language='en'>... </page> + <page
> language='de'>....</page> it works fine. Then the german page loads the
> elements set on the 'en' version (sibling).
>
> Regards
> Kris
>
> --

Claus Priisholm