[opencms-dev] Internet Explorer bug

Christoph Fröhlich cfauto at folge2.de
Wed Oct 17 09:18:47 CEST 2012

Hi,

we ran into the same issue. Clients try to edit content with IE9 in our OpenCms 8.0.4-based site and fail.

I tried to fix this, by
- clone branch_8_0_x from git hub
- execute "ant bindist" in opencms_core

Unfortunately the build failed with some errors (see beow).
Did anyone succeed with editing content with IE9 in an OpenCms 8.0.4 Installation?

Thanks and regards
Christoph

There were 13 errors when building. All seems to be related to missing classes in com.google.gwt.user.client...
For example:
---------------------
    [javac] /Users/cf/project/systems/opencms-core/src/org/opencms/gwt/shared/rpc/I_CmsCoreServiceAsync.java:46: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class SynchronizedRpcRequest
    [javac] location: package com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc
    [javac] import com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.SynchronizedRpcRequest;
-------------------------------

Checking the jar with
------------------------
unzip -l lib/compile/gwt-user-2.3.0.jar | grep SynchronizedRpcRequest
------------------------
does not output anything
It seems that the source expects another gwt-client jar as the one that is provided.

What makes me stop short furthermore is that the build script starts with
[echo] Building OpenCms 8.0.2

I expected "8.0.4" instead of "8.0.2".

Christoph Fröhlich
Folge 3 GmbH
Stresemannstraße 161
22769 Hamburg

+49 +40  79 69 48 78
cf at folge3.de
http://www.folge3.de
Geschäftsführer: Christoph Fröhlich, Anja Künzel
Handelsregister: HRB 105806, Amtsgericht Hamburg