[opencms-dev] OpenCms 8.0.4 and IE 9 (was Internet Explorer bug)

Christoph Fröhlich cfauto at folge2.de
Fri Oct 19 07:03:48 CEST 2012

Hi all,

maybe my last posting was a bit to technical. I try to re-formulate my question:

We have a OpenCms 8.0.4 site running and our client started to use IE9 to edit content.
When clicking on an ADE edit button the following exception occurs

(undefined): DOM Exception: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR (5) code: 5 ABORT_ERR: 20 DOMSTRING_SIZE_ERR: 2 HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR: 3 INDEX_SIZE_ERR: 1 INUSE_ATTRIBUTE_ERR: 10 INVALID_ACCESS_ERR: 15 INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: 5 INVALID_MODIFICATION_ERR: 13 INVALID_STATE_ERR: 11 NAMESPACE_ERR: 14 NETWORK_ERR: 19 NOT_FOUND_ERR: 8 NOT_SUPPORTED_ERR: 9 NO_DATA_ALLOWED_ERR: 6 NO_MODIFICATION_ALLOWED_ERR: 7 PARSE_ERR: 81 QUOTA_EXCEEDED_ERR: 22 SECURITY_ERR: 18 SERIALIZE_ERR: 82 SYNTAX_ERR: 12 TYPE_MISMATCH_ERR: 17 URL_MISMATCH_ERR: 21 VALIDATION_ERR: 16 WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR: 4

Does anyone knows how to fix this and can point me in some direction?

Thanks and regards
Christoph

Anfang der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:

Christoph Fröhlich