[opencms-dev] Keywords and description meta tag

gnorrus at libero.it gnorrus at libero.it
Thu Oct 18 19:45:28 CEST 2012

Hi

I think there is another problem for detail pages.

How can I write keywords and description meta tag localized for different
languages if structured contents are inside folder /.content/foldername/ and
not inside the folder of the language (/it/, /de/ etc...)?

They are properties, so you can write them in only one language. The title
works well because inside the template you can use:
<cms:info property="opencms.title" /> that gets the title of the structured
content inside  /.content/foldername/

Is not possible to do the same with those properties?

On 31/05/2012 hour 11:55 another user (Sandrine Prousteau) wrote to the
mailing list about the same problem, but without any answer.

This is the text of her email:

Hi all!
This message is to suggest additional macros in the tag <cms:info .../>

I use this one : <cms:info property="opencms.title" />, it works well!
I understand that , in case of detailed view of items, it get the mapped-to-
url field value (and if there is none, the property value as usual), so the
value is localizable.
But how can I get the meta Description and Keywords values??
In template3, we have a basic <cms:property name="Description" file="search"
default="" />, that is not localized in case of shared items of detailed pages.

My suggestion is to do the same with other SEO data :
	A mapped-to-metadescription field, with <cms:info property="opencms.
metadescription" />
	A mapped-to-metakeywords field, with <cms:info property="opencms.
metakeywords" />

Another suggestion:
I often use a tree of pages, in which I put an article in the "main" container
(the main column for example). My articles are stored in /.
content/contents/articles/. Currently, with <cms:info property="opencms.title"
/>, I must add meta properties on my page, after having edited my article
resource. But meta data are related to the main content, not to the page!!! If
I want to switch the article with another, I must re-edit the page
properties...
The idea is that it would be great if the tag could have the possibility,
before reading the detailed-page-item or the page-properties, to read "a
particular element of a particular container" (as for detailed-page-item). We
should then set new parameters in the tag : container name to read, and type of
the element in this container (we could say it read the first element found
matching to a list of types, because we often have several "main" types -
articles , forms, search elements... - ).

Obviously, I can create my own taglib... But the idea can be shared to all!
:)

Thanks