[opencms-dev] OCMS 8.5 - Solr logging

Rüdiger Kurz r.kurz at alkacon.com
Thu Nov 29 18:17:33 CET 2012

Hi Robert,

see my inline comments...

Am 29.11.2012 16:45, schrieb Robert Spielmann:
> 2012/11/29 Rüdiger Kurz <r.kurz at alkacon.com>:
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> in a standard installation on a tomcat servlet container OpenCms should log
>> the Solr logging output into the opencms-search.log.
>>
>> log4j.logger.org.opencms.search.solr=INFO, OCSearch
>> log4j.additivity.org.opencms.search.solr=false
>>
>> regards
>> Rüdiger
>
> Hi Rüdiger,
>
> thanks for your reply :-) I deleted the original log4j.properties when
> I switched to app-server wide log4j settings. Those are loaded by
> OpenCms but also by some enterprise applications.
What application server do you use?
> I tried to use the
> default log4 properties as a guidance in order to change my log4j.xml
> accordingly, but all approaches I took failed miserably.  I tried
> configuring a distinct appender for Solr and then to redirect Solr log
> messages to this appender via the appender-ref in either logger- or
> category-related settings in the log4j.xml. To no avail, with all
> configurations I tried it still logs to stdout and nowhere else.
Being no logging expert it's hard for me to understand what your
approach is about.
> Any other idea?
The only idea / hint I have is that Solr uses slf4j and therefore (and
also for some other reasons) OpenCms is shipped with
- slf4j-api-1.7.1.jar,
- slf4j-log4j12-1.7.1.jar and
- log4j-1.2.15.jar
libraries. Maybe this link will lend you a hand:
http://www.slf4j.org/legacy.html

> Regards,
> Robert
-Rüdiger

--
Rüdiger Kurz

-------------------

Alkacon Software GmbH - The OpenCms Experts
Rüdiger Kurz
An der Wachsfabrik 13
50996 Koeln, DE

Tel: +49 (0)2236 3826-16
Fax: +49 (0)2236 3826-20
Email: r.kurz at alkacon.com

http://www.alkacon.com
http://www.opencms.org

Geschäftsführer: Alexander Kandzior, Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 54613