[opencms-dev] Linking (forwarding) pages

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Mon Dec 3 12:49:15 CET 2012

Hi Petr,

Long delay here, but couldn't see any answers to your question.

There's no module that I know of that fits your need. But do you really need one? If I was creating this sort of system, I'd simply define an OpenCms property and store each function key on the corresponding OpenCms page, in that property. A very simple JSP could then - using only the function key as input parameter - be used to locate the correct page in OpenCms.

This way, the key<-->page "mapping" should be more robust than if you had, say, the mapping in a separate file or database. (If you were to move pages around in OpenCms, for example, you wouldn't have to update any mapping table, everything would just work.)

Hope this was of some help to you.

Cheers,
Paul