[opencms-dev] post upgrade to 7.5.4 -> failed to index almost all pdf files - pls help

Jverdel jverdel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 16:08:51 CET 2012

hi,

i successfully upgraded our system (linux centos
5+apache-tomcat-5.5.25+java 1.6+opencms multisite environment)
from opencms 7.5.3 to opencms 7.5.4 version;
all seems to work, except the search index engine that fails to index
almost all .pdf files... :((
(index a few correctly, but most not, while other file types are indexed
correctly)
(in previous 7.5.3 version, this issue did not occured!)

i have read that in 7.5.4 there's a new pdfbox version: 1.5.0
well, so i tried to copy the same .jar file (PDFBox-0.7.2.jar) of the
prevous opencms 7.5.3 version inside
.../webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib folder of 7.5.4 version, restart tomcat, but
nothing changed..same problem occurs

in opencms.log there's only the following description in every failed
occurrency:
"....*ERROR [encms.search.CmsIndexingThread: 207] Failed to index file* .."
followed by complete vfs path of the pdf file not indexed..

..can anyone help me in order to solve the problem ?

thanks in advance,
bye.