[opencms-dev] Properties files and UTF-8 characters

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 16:27:05 CET 2013

Hi all,

It has been a while since I last had to deploy OpenCms based on language
relying on UTF-8.

I would like to use the property files as part of my templates, but it still
looks as UTF-8 property files are still no no in Java.

Before I write my own version of org.opencms.i18n.CmsPropertyResourceBundle
class (like I did last time), I was wondering if there was some other way to
get around this?

I am just thinking maybe I am missing something, since the workplace
localisation is also in property files and works fine eg. in German?

Anyone have any pointers on how to use UTF-8 based property file as part of
your site templates?

Thanks,

Olli