[opencms-dev] Properties files and UTF-8 characters

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Thu Jan 31 08:54:15 CET 2013

Olli,

actually the German Umlauts _are_ part of ISO-8859-1 so it’s ok to use them “directly”. That applies for many other special chars in western European languages as well.

It’s just the Euro sign € that is sourly missing from 8859-1, but I guess you British guys don’t care for that anyway :-)

Best regards,

Alex.