[opencms-dev] Cache-problem with detailpages

Georg Westenberger g.westenberger at alkacon.com
Thu Feb 7 11:19:15 CET 2013

Hello Marc,
> it seems to have become worse, I'm afraid. With two almost identical sites
> based on two different templates only one is creating correct links. Also
> the "trick" with renaming the resourcetype in .config doesn't help now. At
> the moment I can't rule out that this is due to mistakes in my templates, I
> found a couple during the process. I'll do some debugging if I have time
> tomorrow.

Yesterday we checked the configuration processing code and found a bug
which sounds similar to your issue:
If you configure the folder name "news" for the type v8news in the
module configuration, then *disable* that type
in your sitemap configuration ("/.content/.config"), and then configure
a new type o8news with folder name "news"
in the sitemap config for /sites/default, the cached type for the folder
/sites/default/.content/news is still v8news - the problem
is that the module configuration "overrides" the sitemap configuration
in this specific case, although it should be the other
way around.

We fixed this bug for the upcoming release, but aren't sure if it is
quite the same problem as the one you encountered,
since we do not know what your module/sitemap configurations looks like.

About configuration correctness: In general, the folder names should be
unique for all resource types which are available
in a given site or sub-site. Types which are configured in module
.config files are available in every site, unless they have
been specifically disabled in that site.

Kind Regards,
Georg.
--
Georg Westenberger