[opencms-dev] How to build ant-opencms-1.2.jar

Alberto Gallardo argrico at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 18:09:41 CET 2013

Thanks, Tobias.

If anyone is interested, I have uploaded a pull-request addressing the
automatic build of the opencms-components:

https://github.com/alkacon/opencms-core/pull/147

Some remarks:

   - The new build-scripts read the existing jardesc's to build the
   opencms-components. This means that even if Alkacon doesn't pull this
   commit, the pull-request is still useful for other developers. It'd be nice
   though, if Alkacon dropped the version from the components, as there is
   nothing in the repository (tags or whatever) to relate them to. I'd prefer
   though to delete the jardesc's and write clean build-scripts with explicit
   dependencies lists (pretty straightforward).
   - I have bound the new build-scripts (under src-components) into the
   existing build-scripts under opencms-core and opencms-core/modules. I
   had to introduce a new "opencms.output.jars-components" property :-(
   - In my desktop, the time penalty of calling the src-components
   build-scripts once they're built is about 0.3 seconds (5 meassurements
   average), so I have just bound them to the initrevision target. For the
   whole build, the time penalty is insignificant.
   - I have already removed the langdetect-opencms.jar and moved
   CmsLanguageUtil under opencms-core/src (I didn't want to introduce a
   special case for the langdetect component).

Regards,

Alberto