[opencms-dev] CmsJspLoginBean not behaving as expected...

Seth Lenzi lenzi at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 13 16:39:55 CET 2013

Hi Christoph,

I can see in the Tomcat log that the request is coming though. What's
intersting is that the login process works fine in IE.  It's not working
in Chrome or Firefox.

Here are the steps roughly:

1. User visits page on web site (any page). User is not logged in.
2. User enters username & password into login form.
3. Form is submitted to handler JSP.
4. Handler JSP uses CmsJspLoginBean to log user in.  The
CmsJspLoginBean.isLoginSuccess() returns true. I can see that
CmsJspLoginBean creates a new session.
5. User is redirected back to page they first accessed in step 1.
Redirect appears to work as I can see the request in the Tomcat log.
6. Using CmsJspActionElement or CmsJspLoginBean I can see that the
logged in user is Guest.
7. Click browser refresh button.
8. User is now identified as the correct logged in user.

Interestingly the same caching issue appears during log out as well.
After I use CmsJspLoginBean to log the user out it does show that the
user is then Guest, but, as Guest I can still see and access resources
that should only be accessible to the user that was just logged out.
Even if I invalidate the session (which CmsJspLoginBean seems to do anyway.)

I am using mod_proxy to pass request from Apache to Tomcat - might that
have something to do with it? To my knowledge I am not using mod_cache.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.