[opencms-dev] Removing opencms/opencsm and logging into the workplace

Roger Tucker tucker.roger.d at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 18:30:42 CEST 2013

I've been struggling to configure my opencms installation so that I can remove opencms/opencms from the url.  The installation mostly works with the exception of the workplace login.
When I go to the url httt://my.domain.com/system/login I'm presented the login screen, however the logo doesn't display.  The url for the logo is http://my.domain.com/opencms/resources/commons/login_logo.png

More problematic is that after I enter credentials and attempt to login, I'm never presented to workplace dialog.  I simply get a new window with the login dialog displayed.

I have been able to get the demo and the workplace to work by installing the app at ROOT, but I would prefer to install it as it's own web app.  Here's my configuration hopefully someone can provide some guidance.  Thanks in advance

**********Virtual Host ***********
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName www.thetuckerhouse.net
    ServerAdmin webmaster at newsite.com
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.37/webapps/opencms/
# Allow accessing the document root directory
  <Directory /usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.37/webapps/opencms/>
    Options FollowSymlinks
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </Directory>

  ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/errors_www.thetuckerhouse.net.log
  CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access_www.thetuckerhouse.net.log combined

  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteLog /var/log/apache2/rewrite_www.thetuckerhouse.net.log
  RewriteLogLevel 9

  RewriteCond       %{REQUEST_URI}                                            ^/opencms/export/(.*)  [NC]
  RewriteCond       "%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME}"                     !-f
  RewriteCond       "%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME}/index_export.html"   !-f
  RewriteRule       .*                                                        http://127.0.0.1:8081/opencms/opencms/handle404?exporturi=%{REQUEST_URI}&%{QUERY_STRING} [P]

  # If the request starts with /${WEBAPP_NAME}/resources, delete the /${WEBAPP_NAME} prefix
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}                           ^/opencms/resources/.*$
  RewriteRule ^/opencms/(.*)$                          /$1 [PT]

  # Also redirect all other 404 errors to OpenCms
  ErrorDocument     404                                /system/shared/handle404.html

  ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/errors_www.thetuckerhouse.net.log
  CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access_www.thetuckerhouse.net.log combined

    #RedirectPermanent /opencms/opencms/        http://www.thetuckerhouse.net/
    ProxyPass	      /opencms/opencms/	       !

    ProxyPass	      /opencms/resources/              !

    ProxyPass	      /opencms/export/       	       !
    ProxyPass         /					http://localhost:8081/opencms/opencms/
    ProxyPassReverse  /		        		http://localhost:8081/opencms/opencms/
</VirtualHost>

**********Tomcat

              proxyName="www.thetuckerhouse.net" proxyPort="80"
              connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true"
	      emptySessionPath="true" useBodyEncodingForURI="true"/>

***********opencms-system.xml

 <sites>
      <workplace-server>http://www.thetuckerhouse.net</workplace-server>
      <default-uri>/sites/default/</default-uri>
      <shared-folder>/shared/</shared-folder>
      <site server="http://www.thetuckerhouse.net" uri="/sites/default/"/>
    </sites>

opencms-importexport.xml
<rfs-prefix>${CONTEXT_NAME}/export</rfs-prefix>
<vfs-prefix>/</vfs-prefix>

Roger