[opencms-dev] Problem with Language Settings in WYSIWIG editor, problems with tutorial

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Wed Apr 10 13:41:01 CEST 2013

Thomas,

welcome to OpenCms :)

If you are new to OpenCms, I would recommend not to work with xmlpages
anymore. Xmplages were the technology to create content pages in OpenCms
6, and they only exist because of compatibility reasons for older
applications.
You cannot use all advanced direct edit functions - edit your website
directly inside the site itself - with xmlpages.

So you should start to look for structured contents, their formatters
and how to make templates to use those features.
A starting point for this could be found in the OpenCms Wiki, e.g.

http://www.opencms-wiki.org/wiki/Creating_OpenCms_8_Container_Templates
http://www.opencms-wiki.org/wiki/Using_formatters_in_OpenCms_8
http://www.opencms-wiki.org/wiki/XMLContent

And of course, use the mailing list.