[opencms-dev] Getting detail-pages working

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Thu May 2 10:02:49 CEST 2013

Hi list,

I seem to have trouble to get detail-pages work.

What I am trying to do is to have a blog- and a news-section, both using
the v8news document-type.

They both work in the sense of creating/editing/reading them from ADE. They
have their own content-stores in /.content/news and /.content/blog/.

/news/ and /blog/ both have just one index.html containerpage containing a
textblock and a list. The list is configured identically for both, using
the byQuery collector with identical parameters, except "news" and "blog"
substituted as needed.

The only issue I have is the "generated" link is not working for /blog/.
For /news/ its ok.

I tried setting the "Make detail default" for "/blog/" in the
sitemap-editor, which has the consequence that the news still work,and have
their "beautiful" URL generated, but with /blog/ instead of /news/
"subfolder" in the URL. (But they still work)

But whatever I try, the URLs are never generated nicely for any content in
/.content/blog/

Any more hints ?

Best regards,
Yves