[opencms-dev] Getting detail-pages working

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Sun May 5 15:15:42 CEST 2013

Two things comes to mind:

1) content naming is not setup sufficiently explicit . I've noticed that
when creating content, one set of defaults is used (to name the content
sub-folder and files) and another is used when trying to find the content
for the detail page - the result for me was that urls never got
"beautified". I read your message such that you do get the urls rewritten
just not to the right folder, so the setup may be fine.

2) per design you can only have one detail page per content type per
"sitemap". I haven't tried to challenge that limitation so I am not sure if
it would yield the result you get. You mention that they both are stored
inside /.contents which is not necessarily the same as you only have one
sub sitemap, but it suggest that it is the case, and then you will run into
problems. So you will need to create sitemap for news and one for blogs.

Or, you can get around that limitation by not using the 8.x detail page
mechanism, but it requires some extra work and of course may be a bit
besides the point.

Brs
Claus

2013/5/2 Yves Glodt <yg at mind.lu>

> Hi list,
>
> I seem to have trouble to get detail-pages work.
>
> What I am trying to do is to have a blog- and a news-section, both using
> the v8news document-type.
>
> They both work in the sense of creating/editing/reading them from ADE.
> They have their own content-stores in /.content/news and /.content/blog/.
>
> /news/ and /blog/ both have just one index.html containerpage containing a
> textblock and a list. The list is configured identically for both, using
> the byQuery collector with identical parameters, except "news" and "blog"
> substituted as needed.
>

> The only issue I have is the "generated" link is not working for /blog/.
> For /news/ its ok.
>

> I tried setting the "Make detail default" for "/blog/" in the
> sitemap-editor, which has the consequence that the news still work,and have
> their "beautiful" URL generated, but with /blog/ instead of /news/
> "subfolder" in the URL. (But they still work)
>
> But whatever I try, the URLs are never generated nicely for any content in
> /.content/blog/
>
> Any more hints ?
>
> Best regards,
> Yves