[opencms-dev] images are not shown in the image gallery widget

Petronio Emilia emilia.petronio at sed.ethz.ch
Wed May 8 10:36:36 CEST 2013

images are not shown in the image gallery widget

I had the following problem: in ADE  I uploaded new images in an image gallery; the images were in the image folder but I could not see them in the image gallery widget (or when I clicked on  "open gallery" menu of the image gallery in Explorer) and in the image cache. I shutdown and restart tomcat, no change. Then I used the menu item advanced > touch, I also checked "rewrite" and then I could see the images again.

1) Have you any idea why I had this problem? I had this problem on all the image-galleries of my site

2) I have seen that  with "touch" I can change the file's timestamp, but what is "rewrite" for?

Thanks a lot in advance for you help.

Emilia