[opencms-dev] JPA

Jakub Ječmínek jakub.jecminek at nelasoft.cz
Fri Jul 5 15:53:16 CEST 2013

Hello,
I've been playing around with JPA in OpenCms(on default isntallation of
OpenCms 8.5.1). I have problem with creation of EntityManager from
EntityManagerFactory.
I am trying to obtain EntityManager in stadard way from
EntityManagerFactory with default OpenCms pool name OpenCmsJPAPool.
 EntityManagerFactory emf =
Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("OpenCmsJPAPool");
 EntityManager em = emf.createEntityManager();
 em.close();
 emf.close();

This code gives me an error:
Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
Reason: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

This would sugest that there is something wrong with configuration in
persistance.xml but I did not modify this file, so it should be ok.
Has anybody experienced this issue? Or if anybody has a code snippet as
example of  working with JPA in Opencms I'd be very greatful. I'd love to
use JPA in a module that I am developing.

Thanks.

Jakub Ječmínek
NELASOFT Technologies, s.r.o.
Mob: +420 604 575 772