[opencms-dev] How to login user

Jakub Ječmínek jakub.jecminek at nelasoft.cz
Sun Jul 21 09:47:30 CEST 2013

Hi,
I'm trying to develope a "remember me" functionality to OpenCms based on
cookies and the best practices described here
http://jaspan.com/improved_persistent_login_cookie_best_practice.
Only problem that I have is that I don't know how to login user
programatically after it was verified that his cookie is valid. I know that
there is method
loginUser(java.lang.String username, java.lang.String password) on
CmsObject. But this requires knowledge of user's password and I don't want
to store user's password in the cookie for security reasons, not even if it
was hashed. Is there any other way how to login user programatically? Or
has anybody tried to create this functionality in the OpenCms?

Thanks.

Jakub Ječmínek
NELASOFT Technologies, s.r.o.
Mob: +420 604 575 772