[opencms-dev] SEO options for a container page

Tobias Karrer kartobi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 13:50:04 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I just played arount with the seo options "alias" with "show page" in
the sitemap editor (and I think I don't exactly get the use case?)

At first it looks like a nice feature for me, as you could create a
short url to pages on a deeper levels, e.g.
http://localhost:8080/opencms/child
<http://localhost:8080/opencms/flower-de/child> for page
http://localhost:8080/opencms/flower-en/flower-inheritance/flower-child/
<http://localhost:8080/opencms/flower-de/flower-inheritance/flower-child/>

At the second look, don't seems to be that good regarding SEO.
Since the short url isn't used in the left navigation, it will create
duplicate content in search indexes (same content for two urls)

And using "alias" with "Permanent Redirect" isn't good, as the redirect
results in a url with index.html
(http://localhost:8080/opencms/flower-de/flower-inheritance/flower-child/index.html)
whereas left navigation uses folder urls...

What do you think?

Regards,
Tobias