[opencms-dev] code used to display the modification date of a page

SJOSE at barreau.qc.ca SJOSE at barreau.qc.ca
Wed Sep 4 15:24:13 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

Our portal is based on OpenCMS 7.5.4.  Our pages display a modification date in a footer that is an included at the bottom of all our pages (same footer code snippet is shared by all our pages).

The code I  use to display the modification date is the following :

     Mise &agrave jour : <f:formatDate value="${cms:convertDate(cms:vfs(pageContext).resource[cms:vfs(pageContext).context.uri].dateLastModified)}"
  pattern="dd MMMM yyyy" />

My problem is that some pages display their content by calling file includes (theses include files are generated by Open CMS in other sections of the site). In that case, the modification date code in the footer does not reflect the modification date of the included content, but the modification date of the page calling the includes.

What code do you suggest I use to always display the content modification date?

Thanks for any help,

Stephane Jose