[opencms-dev] Slowness when transferring cmsusers to new OU in opencms 8.5.1

Marc Johnson originalstoic at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 18 18:06:22 CEST 2013

I'm doing a one time bulk operation transferring Users to a different OU.
It's taking forever!

I'm doing it only 50 at a time reducing it to 25 or 10 does seem to help (but I've several thousand to do and even at these low numbers it's really slow!)

Specifically it's taking a lot of time to render the screen where the users are displayed on the right side to be selected and added to the OU.  It's also taking a lot of time to ADD and Confirm those users (strangely enough rendering the user's already in the OU (immediately before clicking the "Assign Users From Other Organizational Units" icon seems to be no problem).

I've got my allowed_max_packets set well above the recommended 32m and I've got memory for Tomcat set to 1,536 max size within the jvm.

This is pretty much out of the box functionality.  Has anyone else seen this?