[opencms-dev] How to kill OpenCms 8.5.2 ! (Bug ?)

Griselle Matthias mgriselle at sopragroup.com
Thu Sep 26 15:31:08 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

If you want to totally destroy OpenCMS, here is how to do :

-          Create a module "myCore", with a file "schemas/commonElements.xsd"

-          Create a module "myNewModule", width an entity "schemas/myModule.xsd"

-          In "myModule.xsd", create an element of type "commonElements", by adding the file "commonElements.xsd" in the xsd code.

-          Upload your modules on OpenCMS. You can check : this is working well. When editing an instance of "myModule", nested elements are well represented.

-          Re-Upload "myCore" (including the nested xsd file). You should have red lines, on your screen.
Congrats, OpenCMS is dead. ^^'

I'm I doing something I should not, or is it a bug ?

You can find, attached, light version of used files.
Feel free to contact me for more details.

Regards,
Matthias Griselle