[opencms-dev] How to use Network Share Access with OpenCms 9 ?

Antoine PINEAU a.pineau at eurelis.com
Sat Oct 12 08:51:18 CEST 2013

Hello list,

I tried using the new « Network Share Access » functionnality with the new OpenCms 9 but I encounter some difficulties.
Have you managed to use it easily ?

I am on Windows 8 and I connect locally to my fresh OpenCms instance running on Tomcat 7 through the URL : http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/system/login

First, I had to deactivate the services that were using ports 139 and 445 :

-      I ran services.msc

-      I stopped and deactivated the following services :

o   Server (The description field for this should be saying something like 'Supports file, print, and named-pipe sharing over the network for this computer. If this service is stopped, these functions will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.')

o    TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper (The description should be something like 'Enables support for NetBIOS over TCP/IP (NetBT) service and NetBIOS name resolution.')

-      I restarted my computer

ð  OK the 2 ports are freed

I use the jlanConfig.xml for Windows without changing anything (I also tried with many different settings, changing the host name and domain : I don't know what to put in here)
I have a standard repository on my opencms-importexport.xml :
                        <repository name="OPENCMS" class="org.opencms.jlan.CmsJlanRepository">
                                   <params>
                                               <param name="project">Offline</param>
                                               <param name="root">/</param>
                                               <param name="addBOM">false</param>
                                               <param name="wrapper">org.opencms.file.wrapper.CmsResourceWrapperReplaceDeleted</param>
                                   </params>
                        </repository>

I start Tomcat, and the port 445 is now used. I access the login page and connect to OpenCms as Admin / admin.

ð  OK, it seems perfect

I tried to connect a network drive with \\localhost\OPENCMS<file:///\\localhost\OPENCMS> and new user Admin / admin, but it fails after a quite long loading.
I also tried many configurations where I change my Windows Username and domain (WORKGROUP by default) and also the host name and domain in the jlanConfig.xml but without any success.
Also, the log defined in the jlanConfig.xml (jlansrv.log) is not created, I cannot trace the possible errors.

Please tell me if you had a successful experience with that functionnality !
Thank you in advance for your advices !
--
Antoine PINEAU
Eurelis