[opencms-dev] How to use Network Share Access with OpenCms 9 ?

dayv2005 dpipes at AimNTLS.com
Fri Oct 25 21:20:00 CEST 2013

I solved my problem. I did many things so unsure of what exactly fixed it.

[Windows 7]

Go to services
Find Service "Server"
Right-Click "Properties"
Set Startup type: *DISABLED*
Click "Apply"
Restart Computer <-- *IMPORTANT*

NEXT
go to opencms\WEB-INF\config
copy file "jlanConfig.xml.windows"
rename to "jlanConfig.xml"
edit file...

My file looks like this...

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>

<jlanserver>
  <servers>
    <SMB/>
  </servers>
	\\localhost\OCMSJLAN\OPENCMS
  <SMB>
      <host name="OCMSJLAN" domain="OCMSJLANDOMAIN">
      <broadcast>172.16.60.255</broadcast>
      <smbdialects>LanMan,NT</smbdialects>
      <comment>OpenCms JLAN</comment>
      <tcpipSMB platforms="windows,linux,macosx,solaris"/>
    </host>
    <sessionDebug flags="Negotiate,Socket,Tree"/>
    <authenticator type="enterprise" />
  </SMB>

  <debug>
    <output>
      <class>org.alfresco.jlan.debug.ConsoleDebug</class>
      <logFile>jlansrv.log</logFile>
      <append/>
    </output>
  </debug>

  <shares/>

  <security>
    <shareMapper>
	<class>org.opencms.jlan.CmsJlanShareMapper</class>
    </shareMapper>
    <JCEProvider>cryptix.jce.provider.CryptixCrypto</JCEProvider>
    <usersInterface>
    	<class>org.opencms.jlan.CmsJlanUsers</class>
    </usersInterface>
  </security>
</jlanserver>

The only thing I changed was broadcast from the default file.
(ipconfig)
My Ip: 172.16.60.13
My Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

That makes my Broadcast: 172.16.60.255

Then edit opencms\WEB-INF\config\opencms-importexport.xml

<repository name="OPENCMS" class="org.opencms.jlan.CmsJlanRepository">
			<params>
				Offline
				/
				false
				org.opencms.file.wrapper.CmsResourceWrapperReplaceDeleted

			</params>
		</repository>

Make sure that is in there.

Start up tomcat and watch to see if it shows SMB error. If it doesn't than
your jlan instance is running.

*If you are logging in as Admin make sure you have logged into the website
at least once with that account.*

Then open up explorer and type the following: \\localhost\OPENCMS
and hit enter.

This should prompt you with your user credentials.

I finally got it working and it's pretty useful.