[opencms-dev] How to prevent editors from removing span elements

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Fri Nov 15 12:23:00 CET 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm desperate for help, as I just realized TinyMCE also strips non-breaking space ( ), and more (e.g. °).
This is a huge disappointment. First of all, we actually *need* those characters (if you can believe that). Secondly, we've spent much time painstakingly inserting these special characters where needed, in a lot of pages. Most of those pages have since been edited in TinyMCE because we're migrating to a newer version. Which means ... all that work is LOST ..!

So - this is the *default* behavior of the *default* editor? No good, if you ask me. No good at all. Having an editor strip valid html without asking is wrong!

I need to configure it to stop stripping stuff, or alternatively remove/disable TinyMCE. Is it possible? (How?)

Best regards,
Paul