[opencms-dev] OpenCms 9: Questions regarding new features

Kai Widmann Widmann at mediaworx.com
Mon Dec 2 12:36:15 CET 2013

Hey everybody,

I'm just writing an (internal) blog article about OpenCms 9 for our dev team and I'm trying to figure out all the new/enhanced features.
During the OpenCms Days I got plenty of information and I did some additional testing myself, but in the OpenCms version history that is contained in the OpenCms 9 download I see some new or enhanced features I know nothing about. I'd love to learn more about them. So if anyone has some more information, it would be very nice if he or she could share it.

From the OpenCms 9 history.txt:

- Improved configuration for content formatters
What does it mean? In what way has the configuration for formatters been improved?

- Added multi-field annotation expression to EL for better inline edit support
What does it mean and how can it be used? Is there an example somewhere in the Demo code?

- Added support for inline CSS and JavaScript in formatter configuration
This is very interesting for me since I use inline CSS. How can this be done?

- Added dynamic HTML update during in place editing
What does it mean and how does it differ from OpenCms 8.5?

Any information regarding any of those questions will be very welcome.

Cheers

Kai