[opencms-dev] permgen error

msorbera at kgbtexas.com msorbera at kgbtexas.com
Tue Feb 11 22:54:19 CET 2014

On an XP box w/2 gig ram everything works fine, never any permgen problems. Basic Tomcat 7 with default opencms installation and MySql.  I don't have any settings increased, yet it works fine.

On a Win 7 box with 8 gigs ram, get the permgen errors even after a little bit of work in opencms.  Same basic installation.  I created a setenv.bat and put it in the tomcat/bin with this entry:  set JAVA_OPTS="-Xms1024m-Xmx1024m-XX:MaxPermSize=256m"

I also have the MySql max_allowed_packet size up'd to 500M.

Still has major permgen error problems.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
sasilverbullet