[opencms-dev] Creating web user in OC 9

Thorsten Duhn duhn at regio-gmbh.de
Fri Feb 14 17:27:35 CET 2014

Hello,

> The usual process is:
> - create a group for the users that should have access to your
> restricted area
> - adjust the permissions of the base folder of your restricted area:
> - add a permission entry for the "Guests" group with all checkboxes left
> empty, only check "overwrite inherited" and "inherit on subresources".
> Note: you must not check the "denied" box if the Guests group is the
> parent of your new group. A "denied" of a parent group cannot be
> overridden with an "allowed" of a subgroup. But leaving the "allowed"
> box empty will revoke any prior allowed access right.
> - add a permission entry for your new group with read an view rights
> checked "allowed" and "inherit on subfolders" checked

thanks a lot, Filip and Stephan. Quite easy and logical, I just still do
not get why organisation units are there and why they offer such web
user setting, a bit misleading for me novice.

But there still is problem left. After login a message "your session
expired. please login again." (or alike) appears. Menu in background
indicates that page is rendered with user logged in. Also "logout"
button is shown instead of form. Now clicking on some restricted menu
item opens modal server login form. Logging in there for the second time
finally gives access to the restricted pages.

My login form is completely based on the one from bootstrap demo.

Regards,
Thorsten