[opencms-dev] Creating web user in OC 9

Stephan Hartmann hartmann at metamesh.de
Fri Feb 14 10:59:14 CET 2014

Hi Thorsten,

The usual process is:
- create a group for the users that should have access to your restricted
area
- adjust the permissions of the base folder of your restricted area:
- add a permission entry for the "Guests" group with all checkboxes left
empty, only check "overwrite inherited" and "inherit on subresources".
Note: you must not check the "denied" box if the Guests group is the parent
of your new group. A "denied" of a parent group cannot be overridden with
an "allowed" of a subgroup. But leaving the "allowed" box empty will revoke
any prior allowed access right.
- add a permission entry for your new group with read an view rights
checked "allowed" and "inherit on subfolders" checked

HTH,
Stephan