[opencms-dev] Log-Configuration on JBoss 7.2.0

Thomas G. guo.tuomi at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 12 16:57:52 CET 2014

Hi,

we're running a OpenCMS 8.0.4 instance on a JBoss 7.2.0 but have problems
getting the logging to work correctly.

Logging works in that opencms.log is written but we require the OpenCMS
logger to append to the JBoss logger, i.e. both JBoss and OpenCMS should
log to the console and JBoss' server.log file.

Previously the same OpenCMS instance was running on a JBoss
4.2.3.GAinstance where everything worked as expected.

Here's an excerpt from our log4j.properties file:

log4j.rootLogger=\
    OC,\
    CONSOLE

log4j.appender.CONSOLE=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

log4j.appender.OC=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender

We tried a couple of things, like exluding log4j, slf4j etc. or placing
jcl-over-slf4j etc. into OpenCMS' lib folder, but had no success yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas