[opencms-dev] R: ade and multilanguage best practices

Stephan Schrader zstephanz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 10:23:01 CET 2014

Hi Lisa,

it depends on your use case or security restrictions. If you're using
siblings and when publishing a resource, all other translations (siblings)
will get also published.

Our best practice is, if you have few editors managing all the content; use
siblings. If you have editors managing only one or more translations use
real copies.

E.g.: Assume you at first level a country and the second level the language:
- ch
- de
- it
- fr
- it
- it
- en
Editor A manages "ch", but must not edit "it" than use siblings under "ch".
So ch-de, ch-it, ch-fr will share the same content. On the other hand, if
you would siblings also for it-it, than Editor A can publish it-it.

Hope that makes it more clear.

Stephan