[opencms-dev] Corrupted Offline Project after Database Import

Sick, Steffen ssick at team.mobile.de
Fri Apr 4 13:29:31 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm using OpenCms 7.5.4 on a productive and several test environments. I used the Database Management module to export a directory structure with files from my test environment, and then import the zip file into the productive environment.

Now the problem is: the files were imported (and can be accessed from the website, i.e. they are available in the Online project), but I cannot see them in the OpenCms Explorer. The folder where the files are supposed to be is just empty. I tried touching the folder, re-building the search indexes, and several things more, but no success.

So I started investigating the database. I found out that in table CMS_OFFLINE_STRUCTURE, there are actually 4 entries for that very folder; 3 of them have STRUCTURE_STATE = 2, one has STRUCTURE_STATE = 0. Moreover, the resources that are supposed to be inside that folder, but are invisible, all have a PARENT_ID that matches the STRUCTURE_ID of one of the 3 folder entries with STRUCTURE_STATE = 2. It seems that this could be the root cause.

Can anyone enlighten me on the semantics, or has anyone an idea how to fix this? At the moment I think about using SQL on the database, but I'm unaware about the side effects.

Thanks
Steffen