[opencms-dev] Corrupted Offline Project after Database Import

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Fri Apr 4 16:25:33 CEST 2014

Hello Steffen,

is it possible that you made the export with a different site selector
setting than the import? And that you imported files that already
existed in the server where you did the import.
For example:
You did the export in "/sited/default/" but did the import in "/".

The export and import is always relative to the site root where you are
in. I had the same effect once (and I think it also was in a 7.5x
OpenCms), and the problem was caused that the resources you imported had
the same ids like the ones that were already in your OpenCms..
For it helped that I did the import again in the correct site, the same
site where I did the import from. If you are not sure from where you
made the export, you can open the exported zip file and check the paths
of the files in there.

Btw, its always a good idea to do all exports and imports in the root
site "/".

Kind regards,
Michael

Am 04.04.2014 13:29, schrieb Sick, Steffen:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using OpenCms 7.5.4 on a productive and several test environments.
> I used the Database Management module to export a directory structure
> with files from my test environment, and then import the zip file into
> the productive environment.
>
> Now the problem is: the files were imported (and can be accessed from
> the website, i.e. they are available in the Online project), but I
> cannot see them in the OpenCms Explorer. The folder where the files
> are supposed to be is just empty. I tried touching the folder,
> re-building the search indexes, and several things more, but no success.
>
> So I started investigating the database. I found out that in table
> CMS_OFFLINE_STRUCTURE, there are actually 4 entries for that very
> folder; 3 of them have STRUCTURE_STATE = 2, one has STRUCTURE_STATE =
> 0. Moreover, the resources that are supposed to be inside that folder,
> but are invisible, all have a PARENT_ID that matches the STRUCTURE_ID
> of one of the 3 folder entries with STRUCTURE_STATE = 2. It seems that
> this could be the root cause.
>
> Can anyone enlighten me on the semantics, or has anyone an idea how to
> fix this? At the moment I think about using SQL on the database, but
> I'm unaware about the side effects.
>
> Thanks
>
> Steffen

Alkacon Software GmbH - The OpenCms Experts
Michael Emmerich

http://www.alkacon.com
http://www.opencms.org

Geschäftsführer: Alexander Kandzior, Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 54613