[opencms-dev] How to validate parameter of a CmsWidgetDialog extension

Cavva davide.cavarretta at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 12:40:46 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I'm extending CmsWidgetDialog to make new administration feature. If I
understood well there is validateParamaters() to override to handle the
validation of the parameters.

I put in the stringbuffer  of the dialog the error handler.

My validation is

At this point when I save the page, just does not run actionCommit. I'd like
to show an error message or highlight the fields those are in error.

Is it a normal and easy to use function of opencms or have I to customize
everything?

Thank you in advance

Davide