[opencms-dev] How to validate single element parameter of a list in CmsWidgetDialogParameter

Cavva davide.cavarretta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 11:38:49 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I'm still trying to validate single element of a list in
CmsWidgetDialogParameter

I overrode the validateParamaters

All the code above send the general error, but I want to have single email
validation.

I found that validation for single element is in this code in
CmsWidgetDialogParameter:

where "if (m_baseCollection == null)" does the right effect but not "if
(m_baseCollection instanceof List)".

I tried to extend CmsWidgetDialogParameter and override "commitValue" but
I'm aware that this function does not run because the values are wrapped
twice in my class and again CmsWidgetDialogParameter.

How could I validate that param? Is there a function to override like
validateParamaters for single parameter of a list?
Or should I add each element recursively in my overrode
CmsWidgetDialogParameter?

I'm really stuck on this problem

Thank you all in advance

Davide