[opencms-dev] folders/files starting with dot in 9.0.1 ?

Tobias Karrer kartobi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 11:13:20 CEST 2014

Hi Christoph,

at the best have a look at the documentation together with the demo
templates or the developer demo.

/.config/ is for configurations (see page 19, 45, 79ff)
/.content/ is where the xml content is stored using ADE ("sitemap
content folder", see page 45, 79ff)
/.new/ holds the page model (see page 19, 45)
/.detailContainers/ is used for specific containers on detail pages (see
page 66+67)

//.categories// is the category repository in your site, if you don't
want to or can't use /system/categories//
.galleries/ may be your parent folder for image-/downloadgalleries (see
page 29ff), but could be any other folder of according type

(pagenumbers of OpenCms 9.0.1 Documentation)

Best,
Tobias