[opencms-dev] opencms 9 exporting modules

Zoltan Toth zoltan at strata3.com
Tue Sep 16 10:20:47 CEST 2014

Hi All,

Currently we have two environments with openCMS 9: a test and a
preproduction. We were working on the test for some time, we have created
custom schema files and used those files in different formatters.
Everything was working fine.

But as soon as we exported the database from the test and then imported
that zip file into the openCMS of preproduction, our module was not in the
"opencms/WEB-INF/packages" folder. So we weren't be able to modify the
pages that were relying on the custom schema files. The pencil was not on
the page when I tried to edit it, instead I saw this message: "This
resource can only be edited from the workplace."
We also tried to export our module and then import it to preproduction, but
the message is still there.

How should we export the database/modules to be able to use them on the new
system?

Thanks,
Zoltan

--

*Kind Regards,*
Zoltan Toth .

e:  zoltan at strata3.com
a:  Strata3, 10 Westland Square, Dublin 2.
t:  +353 1 6718806
f:  +353 1 6865191
w: www.strata3.com  <http://www.strata3.com>