[opencms-dev] Pre-filling a field with a generated value

Jonathan Plettenberg jonathan.plettenberg at componio.net
Wed Dec 10 18:53:29 CET 2014

Hello Daniel,

since OpenCms 9.5 there are "Field Visibility Handlers" and "Dynamic
Field Handlers".
Not tried it, but maybe this would help you (slide 12 ff.):

http://de.slideshare.net/AlkaconOpenCms/open-cms-days-2014-content-editor-and-pdf-extensions

Regards Jonathan

Am 10.12.14 17:39, schrieb Daniel Imhof:
> Hello everybody
>
> Since a few days I unsuccessfully try to pre-fill a field of a nested
> XML Content with a generated value (uuid).
>
> Whenever a user clicks the '+'-Symbol to add a element to the
> collection of nested content, a (readonly) field should be pre-filled
> with a unique random generated UUID.
>
> Does anybody know if this or something similiar is possible with
> OpenCms 9 or does anybody have an idea how I can uniquely identify an
> item from a collection of nested XML content?
>
> I already tried to solve this case with default values but did not get
> any useable solution.
>
> Please ask me if my requirement is unclear or if you need more
> informations.
>
> Thank you in advance for every hint or help.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Daniel

componio GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Straße 7
D - 64293  Darmstadt
Tel:    +49.6151.500.367.15
Office:    +49.6151.500.367.0
Fax:    +49.6151.500.367.6
Internet: http://www.componio.net
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/componio
E-Mail:    componio at componio.net
Geschäftsführer: Fabian Huschka
HRB 9624 - Registergericht Amtsgericht Darmstadt