[opencms-dev] Opera 12 not supported by OpenCms 9.5? Annoying message pops up ... / Ne roles problem with old (9.0) users

] Code Create [ ocms at code-create.de
Thu Dec 18 08:25:57 CET 2014

Hallo again :D,

after successful installation I get an error message in the workplace,
stating that the Opera browser (Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64)
Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.17) is not supported and that I have to chose
a different one (unfortunately without stating which one ...;)

With 9.0 there where no problems whatsoever and no such message.
I would like to decide myself which browser I use for which web
application. :)
Where can I disable this message?

I use this browser solely for development together with my local virtual
installation. The benefit of this Opera version: it's independent from
the IE network settings. Unfortunately the current Opera uses the IE
network settings only.

So with this old Opera and IE together I can access different networks
with both browsers without the need of switching proxies by using only
one browser.

I could use Firefox, but Firefox goes crazy processor load wise (van is
almost collapsing ;-) when using the OpenCms workplace (since 8.0),
which Opera does not.

Thanx a lot.

Apart from all that, OpenCms 9.5 looks great, especially the option to
hide xml content fields in the editor for specific users/groups/roles is
just what I needed right now :). Spares me a lot off own programming :D.
Thank you so much for this feature just in time :).

Kind regards, Bernd