[opencms-dev] Getting rid of /opencms/opencms

Jose Fermin Athie Campollo athiecampollo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 01:57:13 CET 2014

Hi!

I use http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/ with tomcat

You just have to set a rule like this to avoid the second opencms, the
servlet.
<rule>
<condition type="request-uri" operator="notequal">^/export/.*$</condition>
<condition type="request-uri"
operator="notequal">^/resources/.*$</condition>
<condition type="request-uri"
operator="notequal">^/opencms-errorhandler/.*$</condition>
<condition type="request-uri" operator="notequal">^/webdav/.*$</condition>
<condition type="request-uri" operator="notequal">^/opencms/.*$</condition>
<condition type="request-uri" operator="notequal">^/setup/.*$</condition>
  <from>^/(.*)$</from>
  <to>/opencms/$1</to>
</rule>

To avoid the first, the web application context (in case is not like
jboss), in web.xml change
<context-param>
        <param-name>DefaultWebApplication</param-name>
        <param-value>ROOT</param-value>
    </context-param>

for

<context-param>
        <param-name>DefaultWebApplication</param-name>
        <param-value>opencms</param-value>
    </context-param>